Apostille Service

You probably sent a document to another country and was told that you needed more than a notary public stamp, you need an Apostille for your document. So, now your looking for what an Apostille is. What is an Apostille? The Apostille is a document that was designed by the Hague Convention. At that particular convention many countries are members or who are a a party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents ("Apostille Convention") agreed to abolish the requirement of diplomatic or consular legalization for foreign public documents, accept this specially formatted document the "Apostille" between countries that agreed to follow this form of Legalization of a document.

What the Apostille does is to certify the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document has acted, and where appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears. The Apostille does not relate to the content of the underlying document itself (i.e., the Apostillised public document).

So, who issues the Apostille?

The Apostille can only issued by a single authorized authority, in New York State that authority is the New York Department of State, the Secretary of State Office. Before a document can receive an Apostille, it has to go thought a series of time consuming step. The procedure for each document is slightly different & can at times be frustrating & confusing if you follow the incorrect information given to you by someone with only limited knowledge of the correct procedure.

In the USA, the Apostille can take on many different styles or themes, however, the Hague Conventions specifies that the Apostille must have certain information on it. It is not necessary for the Apostille to have a ribbon, a raised seal be in color or even a gold seal to be an official Apostille. In some cases the Apostille looks like it was just printed on plain paper. See a few samples of an Apostille, Certification of Authority, Notary Authentication. Once you have the Apostille no other work or vist is necessary to any consulate or Embassy, except for some commercial document for some countries.

The following countries are either members or parties to the Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents and will accept the Apostille as being the only legalization required to use the document in their country.

Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Darussalam, Brundi, Bulgaria, China (Macau), China (Hong Kong), Colombia, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova - Republic of, Monaco, Montenegro, Namibia, Netherlands, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES (Curacao, Bonaire, St. Martin, St. Eustatius and Saba), New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (U.K.), United States of America (Puerto Rico), Venezuela


We can process your document for an Apostille for any USA state for all documents


New York State Certified Criminal Record Search, no finger prints required, can be done in one day


We can get a certified copy of a marriage, divorce, family or criminal court record for you


Mobile Notary Public, Notary Signing Agent for Queens County, Nassau County, and Suffolk County



No "Letter of Exemplification ..." required to get an Apostille Stamp


New York City Consulate Services for Legalization of all documents


Consulate or Embassy Stamp for Legalization of all documents


Certified Translation of over 30 languages

Our Services

APOSTILLEONLINE.COM provides corporations and individuals with a service that can provide you with a professional document legalization services. We will assist you in getting your documents or affidavits prepared for use in a foreign country. We will acquire all the necessary stamps & signatures required to get an Apostille or if your document requires legalization at a consulate or Embassy we can provide the "Certification of Authentication" service that is necessary for getting this work done.

If you live or work around the New York City or Long Island area, we will pick up your document from your office or home and return it with the proper Apostille.

We take pride in handling your documents & it will be handled in a safe & professional manner. Your document will always be safe with us. ApostilleOnline works every day to assist you in your personal or business needs.

While ApostilleOnline main office is on Long Island we have affiliates in other states to help expedited the processing your order. ApostilleOnline can also provide a New York State Mobile Notary Public or a Traveling Notary Public for service in New York City, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn. While most of our work is in NYC we will also travel to Nassau County, Suffolk County, Long Island - LI, Westchester, and Yonkers to assist you with our service


We specialize in getting the NYS Apostille for Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, business document, drivers license, educational documents, any properly notarized documents & other court or governmental documents for all 62 counties of New York State and for any other USA state.


If you document is going to a country that does not accept the Apostille then it must be Legalized. We will get the "Certification of Authentication" that is required by the state then by the US Department of State in Washington, DC then by Embassy for Legalization. If the jurisdictional requirements of the Consulate in New York City accepts documents from your state, then we will process your document in the local consulate.

Background Check

We can provide you with a NYS Statewide Criminal Record Check for your Background Check. We provide this service by using the NYS Court System public records, that will find any open, pending and convictions of criminal cases from ALL 62 county courts of New York. Fingerprints are not required since the record search is based on your name and date of birth.

Document Retrieval

If you need a NY marriage record, NY divorce record or any other type of court document, we can assist you in getting this document. Matrimonial records require a notarized letter from you giving us permission to get these type of records. This personalize service is only provided in and around NYC and Long Island.

Mobile Notary Public

We can provide you a New York State Notary Public who can travel to your location to notarize your personal or business documents. We can also prove a Certified Notary Signing Agent who is qualified to witness closing mortgage documents. The notary public also has an embosser (raised seal) that is used for ornamental purposes in the USA and maybe required on documents going to a foreign country.


We can assist you in providing a Professional Translation (one that is not notarized) or a Certified Notarized translation for any kind of document in the following languages: Arabic, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese simplified, Cantonese or traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese.

Our Works

Here are of a few Apostilles & Legalizations done by us.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can you get my Vitals Records?

  • Vital Records are very personal records & we can no long get those. However, if you need an Apostille or Legalization for these documents at a consulate or embassy we can help. See additional answers below,

  • Can you get my Marriage Certificate

  • YES, You must send us the original notarized authorization along with the Index number, names of the parties to the divorce and the borough or town where the case took place.

  • Can you get a copy of another persons Birth Certificate

  • No, you will have to do it yourself, just go to http://vitalchek.com to order your birth record, marriage record or a death record or .

  • Can you get another persons Death Certificate

  • No, see the above Vital Record answer.

  • Can you translate my document
  • Yes, we provide our translation service thru a third party that is capable of performing translations in over 30 different languages.

  • Can you get personally get my Divorce Certificate or Divorce Decree if I don't have the index number

  • YES, it requires more work, but we do need to have the names of the parties to the divorce, then we must look up the information at the correct court, make copies, then get the copies certified.

  • Can you get an Incorporation Certified

  • Yes,

  • Can you notarize my Degree or Transcript or any educational document

  • Yes & No, Getting school related notarization is time consuming process because many states require the school's administrative staff, registrar, school liason, etc signature to be notarized. This requires sending the document to the school or may require a mobile notary public to visit the school, unless the school has a notary public on staff. There are other methods that we can use to bypass this requirement however, we must discuss this with you to see if it meets your requirements. You must send your original or a scanned copy of your educational document so we can process it.

  • Why should I choose ApostilleOnline

  • Because we work very hard to meet your needs. ApostilleOnline has over 6 years of experience in getting your Apostille for its clients. We have built a reputation that our clients know us as Consistent with our service, Dependable, Ready & Reliable

  • Do I need to be present to get an Apostille?

  • No, You DO NOT need to be present in order for us to receive an Apostille on your document. However, you must either send me the original document or a scanned copy of your document. If the document requires your signature to be notarized then you need to send that original document with the notary stamp & the notary certification for your USA state. However, the type of document you send depends on what state or consulate it's going to.

  • Can I send you a scanned copy of my document, Degree, transcript?

  • It depends on what type of document it is. Check with the person who will be receiving your Apostille document to find if a non-certified copy is acceptable before you ask for an Apostille. Certain document such as Vital Records must be original, however you situation maybe different & a copy maybe acceptable.

  • How long does the Apostille process take?

  • Once your order has been received by this office, it takes 24 - 48 hours to process your request and return it to you by mail. If your Apostille requires an Consular or Embassy Stamp it can take much longer depending on the location and Consulate or Embassy that it's being sent to. Apostille courier service is not provided on Federal Holidays, Saturday, Sunday or during Weather Emergencies.

  • How long does the Legalization process take?

  • Legalization is a very time consuming process and it can take up to 4 weeks. Once the document is legalized the the local state authority, it is either sent to the US Department of State which is located in Washington DC. The US Department of State has a minimum 4 days and it could be longer depending on their work load and the time at the Embassy, which depends on the Embassy schedule.

  • How much does it cost for an Apostille
  • We have a flat rate per document however, the price depends on how many document you have & the amount of work necessary to complete your job

  • We have a local bank in my country, can you open an account in our bank in your country so we can just deposit funds into your account
  • NO, we accept international (for an additional fee) & domestic (USA) Wire Transfer.

  • How can I Pay for your service?

  • We accept all forms of payment; Full payment is expected at time of service.
    Cash, Business or Personal Check, Money Order, Credit Cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, VISA). Checks and Money orders should be drawn on a USA bank.

    Make Check or Money Order Payable to: NY Apostille Service.
    Western Union Pay to: ALAN MURRAY

    If paying by Western Union you need to send me the MTCN number along with the name of the person sending the money and from and town, and state. If you are outside of the USA you need to provide the village/ providence and from what country the money was sent.

    Meet The Team

    Our team of executive & professionals staff members are still growing.

    Alan MurrayChief Executive Officer

    President and CEO.

    What our clients say

    Look for our reviews on Google, Bing, Yahoo or leave your review there.

    Please leave your review on Google

    A Client of this site

    Please leave your review on Yahoo

    A Client of this site